If you produce saleable photography, graphic or poster artwork, commercial POS or display signage, then the Epson Stylus Pro 3880/7890/9890/11880 range is the series of choice. It provides a cost effective and flexible solution for printing quality colour and premium black-and-white images in a wide format. It produces durable, ultra-high resolution output with a platform that has proven dependability and is easy to maintain.
The SP-11880 is a 64" (1,626mm) Large Format Printer that is designed for medium-high volume signage and poster printing. It supports a wide range of roll and sheet based media and features an ultra-fine MicroPiezo® (MP) print head with Variable Sized Droplet Technology™ for output with superior resolution, gradations and colour density. It uses Epson UltraChrome® K3 all-pigment aqueous ink for quality colour and premium B&W output that is consistent, predictable and durable. Cartridges feature an extra-large capacity for extended operation with a low cost per print. The printer ships with an output bin for cut sheets as well as an Auto-Take-Up system for continuous roll to roll production.
FEATURES AT A GLANCE
- Amazing Print Quality – Epson 2880x1440dpi MP print head with VSDT for consistent and predictable output in ultra-high resolution with superior half tones and an optimised ink density.
- Supreme Colour – 9 cartridge Epson UltraChrome K3 Vivid Magenta ink enables print with a high dMax and a wide colour gamut.
- Outstanding B&W – produces gallery quality black-and-white images with auto switching between Photo & Matte ink for output on different media types.
- Good Image Stability – prints dry quickly to become water and scratch resistant. Output can be stored for extended periods with excellent lightfastness*.
- Flexible Operation – supports a wide range of media with print speeds up to 31m2/hr. Handles roll based stock up to 64" (1,626mm) wide and sheets up to Super B0 and above (including A0). Supports board stocks up to 1.5mm thick, can print edge-to-edge and full borderless. Ships with retractable output basket as well as an Auto-Take-Up System.
- Easy to Use – LCD control panel with integrated help as well as high visibility individual ink indicator lights. Spindle based roll media loading with adjustable tension, auto media management system and a heavy duty auto cutter.
- Designed for Business – flexible interfacing, operates with reduced power consumption and accepts large, cost-effective cartridges up to 700ml. Requires minimum maintenance and is supplied in various configurations with an optional SpectroProofer, Auto Take-Up system, and user selectable warranty / support packages. Compatible with a wide range of design, production, workflow management and RIP software.
The Stylus Pro 3880/7890/9890/11880 series features Epson’s patented MicroPiezo head technology with a super-high 2880x1440dpi resolution. Unlike competing mechanisms that are based on heat, the Epson print head uses an electro-mechanical movement that is kinder to the ink chemistry, for better imaging with more stable output. While consuming less power, it is also more accurate, flexible and durable. Micro-fine drop-on-demand nozzles enable precise dot shaping, placement and volume/density control for more consistent results with less wastage. Variable-size Droplet Technology (VSDT) enables superior half-tones and optimised colour density with minimum ink consumption. Eight active channels are driven by an advanced LUT (Look-Up-Table) and a 9 cartridge ink supply system to provide an enhanced colour range. Automatic Matte / Photo Black switching ensures the maximum possible dynamic range is achieved on a wide variety of media types. Self-monitoring, alignment and cleaning systems ensure predictable, consistent and reliable output with minimal user maintenance.
When Epson launched UltraChrome K3 it established a new standard for aqueous (water based) ink technology. Using an all-pigment formulation, it produces prints that dry quickly to become water and scratch resistant with a high Dmax. The addition of Vivid Magenta has enabled Epson to push the standard higher with an enhanced colour gamut for brighter blues, purples and pinks. Colour is stable in just 30 minutes and can remain lightfast for 75 years or longer*. The Stylus Pro range automatically switches between Matte and Photo Black to suit the gloss levels on different media types. It mixes the base black with light and light-light black ink to produce the maximum possible tonal range with a neutral grey, excellent balance, reduce bronzing and no colorcasts / colour twist.
The Stylus Pro range is colorimetric calibrated during assembly to ensure that colour proofs, photographic and fine–art prints from different printers of the same model remain totally consistent. The ink features a colour constancy level of less than DeltaE 1.0 so that prints remain visually consistent when viewed under different lights and lighting conditions.
Flexible and Easy to Operate
The SP-11880 is a floor-standing printer with a 64" (1,626mm) wide carriage and flexible media handling. It supports basic bond paper, photo and fine-art paper, transparent film, translucent back-lit, canvas and specialist synthetic media. It accepts roll media via a spindle mounting with integrated tension adjustment and has a high-speed auto-cutter which will cut most stocks including canvas. The printer ships with one spindle that supports rolls with either 2" or 3" cores. Additional spindles can be ordered separately for environments that involve high volume work with multiple media types. Roll paper belts are also available as an option to enable tension maintenance during storage. An integrated barcoding system helps track individual roll consumption while also enabling rapid exchange with automatic re-configuration for different media types. The printer supports sheet media and has a straight through paper path for solid board. It comes with a retractable output basket as well as an integrated Auto Take-Up system for roll-to-roll printing and off-line / automated post-production. The ATU supports forward and reverse winding to enable de-curling. The printer supports edge-to-edge printing on sheet and roll media and will print full borderless on roll stocks.
The Stylus Pro range has been designed for professional and commercial applications. All models feature fast and flexible networking facilities. They have LCD screens with an easy to follow menu system and in-built help. The 11880 has additional LED ink status lights that are large and bright so as to be visible from across the room. The printer can be configured remotely and has driver software available to suit most operating systems. Ink cartridges are pressurised to ensure maximum output precision and feature an enhanced capacity for extended operation and a reduced cost per print. Printers can be purchased with a range of warranty and support packages to suit different leasing plans and business needs. They are supported by an extensive service network that has been configured for on-site repair.**
* Accelerated testing of prints on specialty photo & fine art media displayed indoors under glass indicates light stability of up to 100 years for colour and 200 years for B&W. If prints are treated and stored appropriately then light stability can be increased to 300 years or longer. IMPORTANT: Actual stability will vary according to the media, image, surface treatment, display conditions, light intensity, humidity and atmospheric conditions. Epson does not provide any warranty or guarantee on the longevity of prints. For further details on light stability and image preservation please visit www.wilhelm-research.com.
** Service and support is provided for product supplied through Epson Australia. This facility is provided in conjunction with the Epson Authorised Large Format Reseller network. Limitations apply to the provision of on-site service. Regional locations and certain installation situations may attract additional charges. Service may be restricted or limited when equipment is used outside of specification &/or with non-Epson consumables. Please contact Epson Australia or one of our Authorised Resellers for full details on coverage, terms and limitations.