The SureColor Solvent 30600 is an extremely cost effective signage printer. It has been designed for the low-medium volume production of durable display and design material. It can be used with a wide range of media and is suitable for many applications including the production of advertising and POS displays, vehicle wraps, labels, furniture decals and interior/exterior surface finishes.
The SC-S30600 uses Epson’s patented Thin Film MicroPiezo™ print head and pigment based UltraChrome Eco-Solvent ink technology. It features an extended gamut CMYK ink supply which uses large 700ml ink cartridges, adjustable multi-stage media heating, and a super-rigid chassis with advanced media management. It supports production speeds up to 29.4m2 /hr and with its low noise, low power consumption and low odour, it is suitable for operation in a variety of commercial, business and office environments.
FEATURES AT A GLANCE
- Extreme Value – low purchase price with high durability and low operational costs
- Extreme Flexibility – supports coated and non-coated media up to 64” (162.6cm)
- Epson Thin Film MicroPiezo™ (TFP) print head – 1440x1440dpi resolution with automatic nozzle checking and Variable Sized Dot Technology™ (VSDT) for super-fine output with high quality half-tones
- High Capacity Ink Supply – uses four cost-effective 700ml cartridges (CYMK) for a total 2.8l ink capacity
- Epson UltraChrome™ GS2 ink – eco-solvent and nickel free with no fluorine compounds for easy storage and safe usage. Reduced VOC’s ensure low odour for suitability with air-conditioned office environments. The formulation provides an extended colour gamut and an uncoated lightfastness that is rated for up to 3 years in outdoor conditions*
- Super-Rigid Chassis – robot assembled with laser welding for maximum precision and strength. Enables high speed printing with precise media management, minimal printer movement and noise.
- High Capacity Media Handling – Supports rolls up to 40kg with a squeeze system for variable core sizing.
- Intelligent Auto-Feed System – active media management with forward and reverse in-line feed control. Incorporates Auto Tension Control (ATC) to ensure precise print placement and accurate print sizing.
- Integrated Auto Take-Up System – allows for continuous high volume production
- Optional Air Drying System – available for accelerated production speeds and high density ink work
- Easy Media Loading – conveniently positioned platen release lever and roll media Lift Assistance (40kg configuration only) enables single operator loading.
- Superior Workflow Support – integrated e-mail alert system allows for unattended operation with remote job and status notifications.
- Wide Software Compatibility – works with leading RIP applications (Click Here for details)
- Uses a 240V Power Supply – easy to install and cost-effective to run with reduced energy consumption
Superior Image Quality & Durability
The SC-S30600 incorporates Epson’s latest Thin-Film MicroPiezo print head. This head features 720 nozzles per colour and provides support for resolutions up to 1440x1440dpi. It is driven with Epson’s Variable Dot Sizing and LUT Technology, which further enhances resolution while ensuring accurate colour reproduction and superior half toning.
The printer features an advanced chassis that is laser welded for superior strength and rigidity. It supports mesh printing up to 58.8m2/hr, high-speed banner production up to 29.4m2/hr and production Vinyl up to 14.7m2/hr up. Movement and distortion is minimised, even at the highest operational speeds, to ensure lower mechanical stress, improved print accuracy, and reduced noise. The stand incorporates advanced media feed and take-up systems that intelligently work together to manage throughput and tension. Media stress is minimised, dot placement accuracy is improved, large images maintain accurate size and shape, while banding is minimised.
The printer uses Epson’s Eco-Solvent UltraChrome GS2 ink. This all-pigment ink incorporates no nickel or fluorine compounds for improved user safety and reduced VOC’s for low odour. GS2 provides for a consistently dense finish with improved durability and light-fastness. With just 4 colours (CYMK) it can produce a gamut range that is equal or larger than many competing technologies with 6 to 8 inks. Prints produced with GS2 ink are more resistant to scratching and fading and have a lightfastness rating of 3 years*.
>Superior Production Flexibility & Cost
The SC-S30600 can be used to produce everything from posters, signs, banners, textiles, backlit panels, window displays and POS, to vehicle wraps, interior decorations, labels and exhibition displays. It will print on vinyl, canvas, clear film, photographic paper and a range of popular banner substrates in widths up to 64-inch (162.6cm).
The SC-S30600 has been designed for cost-competitive production requirements. It features a low purchase price and a durable long lasting print head. It uses four large 700ml ink cartridges and ships with a stand that supports media rolls of up to 40kg. Integrated lift assistance and a conveniently located platen lever enable easy one-person loading. The printer can be left to run unattended with remote e-mail notification of job completion and error conditions. It can be driven off a standard 240V supply and is Energy Star Compliant, using less power during operation and stand-by than previous and competing technologies.
* Epson does not provide a warranty on print durability and accepts no liability of any kind for fading or any other change in a print no matter how it is displayed.
Epson’s three (3) year print durability statement is an estimate only, based on accelerated testing by Epson in a vertical display orientation in simulated outdoor display conditions in accordance with ISO standard 18930 (Check out www.iso.org for further detail).
The estimated three (3) year print durability does not apply to prints incorporating Epson’s Orange, White and/or Metallic Silver inks and in particular, but without limitation, it will not apply to a print exposed horizontally to outdoor display conditions including sunlight and rain.
Actual print durability will depend on a variety of factors, including selection of media and lamination film, installation and application methods and environmental conditions. Exposure to factors such as high ultra violet radiation, high temperature and humidity and pollution will also affect print durability.
When selecting your media and film, Epson recommends you check with your media and film supplier for actual print durability in relation to its compatibility with Epson printers and inks. Some media providers, such as 3M® and Avery®, offer their own warranty in relation to image durability and you should refer to the relevant provider’s website for further details of that warranty.