The SureColor Solvent 70600 is an extremely flexible high-quality printer. It has been designed for production of premium high-impact display and design material. It can be used with a wide range of media and is suitable for many applications including the production of advertising and POS displays, vehicle wraps, labels, furniture decals and interior/exterior surface finishes. It has the option to be configured with additional metallic silver and white ink for specialist and high-value work on plain, coloured and transparent stock.
The SC-S70600 uses Epson’s patented Thin Film MicroPiezo™ print heads and pigment based UltraChrome Eco-Solvent ink technology. It incorporates DUAL print heads and an 8 COLOUR ink supply with Optional White & Metallic ink. It features an adjustable multi-stage media heating, and a super-rigid chassis with advanced media management. It supports production speeds up to 26.8m2 /hr and with its low noise, low power consumption and low odour, it is suitable for operation in a variety of commercial, business and office environments.
FEATURES AT A GLANCE
- Extreme Quality – 8-colour operation with a new ink formulation that provides an exceptionally wide colour gamut.
- Extreme Flexibility – supports coated and non-coated media up to 64” (162.6cm)
- Optional White & Metallic Silver Configuration – Expands application capabilities while enabling support for coloured and specialist stocks. Silver ink can be used for highlights and mixed with other ink to create an almost unlimited range of Metallic colours.
- Epson Thin Film MicroPiezo™ (TFP) print heads – 1440x1440dpi resolution with automatic nozzle checking and Variable Sized Dot Technology™ (VSDT) for super-fine output with high quality half-tones
- High Capacity Ink Cartridges – 8 x large and cost-effective 700ml colour carts + optional 600ml White & 350ml Metallic Silver
- Epson UltraChrome™ GSX ink – eco-solvent and nickel free with no fluorine compounds for easy storage and safe usage. Reduced VOC’s ensure low odour and enable operation in air-conditioned office environments. The formulation provides for lightfastness that is rated for between 1 and 3 years in outdoor conditions*
- Super-Rigid Chassis – robot assembled with laser welding for maximum precision and strength. Enables high speed printing with precise media management, minimal printer movement and noise.
- High Capacity Media Handling – Supports rolls up to 40kg with a squeeze system for variable core sizing.
- Intelligent Auto-Feed System – active media management with forward and reverse in-line feed control. Incorporates Auto Tension Control (ATC) to ensure precise print placement and accurate print sizing.
- Integrated Auto Take-Up System – allows for continuous high volume production
- Optional Air Drying System – allows for accelerated production speeds and high density ink work (included with the 10c configuration)
- Easy Media Loading – conveniently positioned platen release lever and roll media Lift Assistance (40kg configuration only) enables single operator loading.
- Superior Workflow Support – integrated e-mail alert system allows for unattended operation with remote job and status notifications.
- Wide Software Compatibility – works with leading RIP applications (Click Here for details)
- Uses a 240V Power Supply – easy to install and cost-effective to run with reduced energy consumption
Superior Image Quality & Density
The SC-S70600 incorporates dual Thin-Film microPiezo print heads. Each head features 720 nozzles per colour and provides support for resolutions up to 1440x1440dpi. They are driven with Epson’s Variable Dot Sizing and advanced LUT Technology, which further enhances resolution while ensuring accurate colour reproduction and superior half toning.
The printer features an advanced chassis that is laser welded for superior strength and rigidity. Movement and distortion is minimised, even at the highest operational speeds, to ensure lower mechanical stress, improved print accuracy, and reduced noise. The stand incorporates advanced media feed and take-up systems that intelligently work together to manage throughput and tension. Media stress is minimised, dot placement accuracy is improved, large images maintain accurate size and shape, while banding is minimised.
The printer uses Epson’s latest Eco-Solvent UltraChrome GSX ink. This all-pigment ink incorporates zero nickel and fluorine compounds to improve user safety along with reduced VOC’s for low odour. GSX has a similar formulation to GS2 with an enhanced gamut, consistent and dense print properties. Using 8 colours the printer can produce a total gamut range that is quite exceptional with a newly developed light black that provides for more neutral greys along with an orange that provides for superior skin tones, atmospheric and nature images. In the 10-colour configuration additional White and Metallic Silver ink can be used stand alone for enhanced media compatibility and highlighting or mixed with other colours to provide an extended colour range and full set of metallic hues.
Superior Production Flexibility & Productivity
The SC-S70600 can be used to produce everything from posters, signs, banners, textiles, backlit panels, window displays and POS, to vehicle wraps, interior decorations, labels and exhibition displays. It will print on vinyl, canvas, clear film, photographic paper and a range of popular banner substrates in widths up to 64-inch (162.6cm). The 10-colour model can produce super-high-quality prints on a wide range of standard and specialist substrates with brilliant white and/or vibrant metallic components.
The printer is designed for low-medium-volume, high-value production work. Both the 8 and 10-colour configurations use cost-effective high-capacity ink cartridges, and come with a large reusable waste tank. The 10-colour configuration features an additional air blower to accelerate drying (this can be purchased as an option with the 8-colour configuration) along with an automatic ink recirculation and head purging system that prevents settling and clogging.
The printer ships with a stand that supports media rolls of up to 40kg with variable core sizing. It has integrated lift assistance and a conveniently located platen lever that enables easy one-person loading. To ensure maximum productivity and optimum workflow management, the printer can be left to operate unattended, with an automatic e-mail system that will advise of job completion and warn of operational or consumable supply problems.
* Epson does not provide a warranty on print durability and accepts no liability of any kind for fading or any other change in a print no matter how it is displayed.
Epson’s three (3) year print durability statement is an estimate only, based on accelerated testing by Epson in a vertical display orientation in simulated outdoor display conditions in accordance with ISO standard 18930 (Check out www.iso.org for further detail).
The estimated three (3) year print durability does not apply to prints incorporating Epson’s Orange, White and/or Metallic Silver inks and in particular, but without limitation, it will not apply to a print exposed horizontally to outdoor display conditions including sunlight and rain.
Actual print durability will depend on a variety of factors, including selection of media and lamination film, installation and application methods and environmental conditions. Exposure to factors such as high ultra violet radiation, high temperature and humidity and pollution will also affect print durability.
When selecting your media and film, Epson recommends you check with your media and film supplier for actual print durability in relation to its compatibility with Epson printers and inks. Some media providers, such as 3M® and Avery®, offer their own warranty in relation to image durability and you should refer to the relevant provider’s website for further details of that warranty.