- All Products
- Printers for Home
- Printers for Business
- Printers for Creative Pros
- Ink & Paper
- Interactive Business Projectors
- Home Theatre Projectors
- Disc Publishing
- Business Systems
- Photography & Fine Art
- Posters & Graphics
- Proofing & Packaging
- Computer to Plate
- Technical & CAD
- Signage & Decor
- Fabric & Merchandise
- Commercial Printers
- Industrial Printers
- Clearance Centre
- Product Videos
Epson GT-S55 and GT-S85 business scanners deliver performance, versatility, quality & speed
Sydney, 6 February 2012: Epson released today two new A4 sheet-fed simplex/duplex scanners for business users - the Epson GT-S55 and GT-S85 - designed from the ground up with advanced software features and innovative technology to deliver performance, versatility, quality and speed.
The GT-S55 and GT-S85 are fast, high quality document scanners that quickly capture database information and whole documents for current use and archiving in business and home office environments, improving productivity and speeding up workflow.
The Epson Scan software in both scanners has been enhanced to include dual image output and edge fill options.
The Dual Image Output feature allows users to simultaneously create two scan files in different formats with different output settings such as resolution, image type, image option and edge fill with only one scan.
The Edge Fill feature lets users correct shadowing around the borders (the edges of the scanned document) by filling them with a selected colour.
Other software features include:
- Text enhancement to increase text visibility when scanning text documents, whether in colour, greyscale or black-and-white.
- Auto Area Segmentation to automatically detect text and picture areas on a page and scan text in black-and-white and pictures in halftone to achieve the best results.
- Colour Enhance is a smart function that clearly captures specific colours on office documents that would not be captured using normal black-and-white scanners. Examples of this useful feature include enhancing signatures on cheques and documents using blue ink, or “Confidential” and “Urgent” stamps that use red ink.
- Colour Dropout removes a single colour (red, green or blue) from documents such as coloured backgrounds and over-stamps that might obscure text.
- Auto Orientation ensures documents are scanned in the correct direction by automatically determining the top and bottom of the page from the orientation of text.
Industry-leading software provided for a complete document management solution includes NewSoft Presto! PageManager, ABBYY Fine Reader Sprint Plus, and Presto! BizCard Reader.
With impressive scanning speeds of up to 40ppm (single sided/simplex scanning) and 80ipm (double sided/duplex scanning) for the GT-S85 and 25ppm/50ipm for the GT-S55, and a high-capacity 75-sheet ADF that readily accepts a wide variety of business documents from stacks of A4 sheets to an individual business card, these scanners allow users to spend less time scanning and more time on other tasks.
Epson Event Manager makes it easy to integrate the GT-S55 and GT-S85 into office processes, speeding up workflow and enabling users to capture, convert, distribute and store document information in virtually any management system. It can also customise ‘scan to job’ functions for up to 10 one-touch jobs, such as ‘scan to email’ or ‘ scan to a shared folder,’ and much more.
Epson Event Manager also allows direct scanning to all Epson projectors or printers, and networked destinations such as Microsoft® SharePoint Server, Windows Shared Folders, WebDAV or FTP folders.
Epson ReadyScan LED technology in the GT-S55 and GT-S85 allows instant scanning with no warm-up time, and is cost-saving and eco-considerate with its low in heat dissipation and low power consumption.
Both scanners include an ISIS Driver for seamless integration between the scanner and custom built business applications, and both support Windows and Mac operating systems for high quality imaging and document management across a broad range of IT environments.
The Epson GT-S55 (RRP $999) and GT-S85 (RRP $1299) scanners are available now from Officeworks, Harvey Norman and selected stockists, and at www.epson.com.au/shoponline/. For more information including detailed specifications, please visit www.epson.com.au
Read them at: http://www.epson.co.jp/e/newsroom/newsroom_index.htm