The reliable Discproducer print-only model, Autoprinter, is ideal for use with high-speed duplication systems. It has all the features you need to print up to 100 customized discs at a time at a fast print speed of 95 discs per hour. And with its vibrant six-colour inkjet printing, precision AcuGrip™ robotic arm and easy-to-use software you get the high quality results you're looking for every time.
KEY FEATURES & BENEFITS
- 100 disc capacity
- Prints up to 95 discs per hour
- Highest quality printing in its class
- AcuGrip™ – Technology minimizes two disc feeding
- Six high capacity, cost-effective ink cartridges
- Low total cost of ownership
- Compact rugged construction for top reliability
The Epson Discproducer features a built–in Epson inkjet printer with Epson’s patented MicroPiezo technology. Using six colours instead of the common four, it delivers the highest print quality available in its class for crisp, clear text and vibrant graphics at up to 1440 x 1440 dpi resolution. In addition, ink level status is shown with a LED readout for each colour to prevent printing without ink.
Best–in–class Cost per Disc
Thanks to Epson's individual inks system, the cost of each produced media is low as you only need to replace the colour used and, depending on the print image, you can produce over 1,000 discs from one set of cartridges. And when a cartridge becomes empty, the PP-100AP automatically stops printing until it’s replaced to avoid miss-prints.
The Epson Discproducer also provides you with more affordable disc duplication and printing. Cost per Disc calculations are based on Epson's Internal Testing with a set of new ink cartridges. For further details please see Disc yields page....More.
Cost-effective mass printing
- Fast – With the Epson Discproducer™ PP-100AP, up to 50 media per hour can be printed in brilliant photo quality. If faster printing is more important to you, then the rate can be increased to as much as 95 media per hour.
- Print capacity – Epson makes mass printing easy. Up to six Epson Discproducer™ PP-100APs can be controlled in parallel from one PC. In this way, you can increase your print capacity at each workstation to 300 media per hour with the highest quality setting or 570 media per hour in high-speed mode.
- Long-lasting – The Epson Discproducer™ PP-100AP has been designed to have a service life of more than 100,000 discs. The user friendly maintenance cartridges need to be changed after approx. 30,000, 60,000 and 90,000 discs. This will keep your Epson Discproducer™ PP-100AP in top condition. The sealed housing, which protects against dust, and the patented AcuGrip™ robotic arm also contribute to the exceptionally long service life.
- Photo quality – Epson’s Micro Piezo™ technology with six different colours also offers exceptional quality with large print quantities. Impress your clients with vivid, razor-sharp images printed on high-gloss, smudge-proof and waterproof media recommended by Epson. Economical: Enjoy the benefits of extremely low print costs. The low purchase price of the Epson Discproducer™ PP-100AP, the high volume ink tanks and the very long service life make this possible. One ink set can print the entire surface area of well over 1,000 discs. Separate colour cartridges minimise your operating costs as you only need to replace the colour that‘s used up.
Backed by Epson
With Epson’s expertise in precision robotics and advanced printing solutions, you can be sure that Discproducer comes with the quality and reliability that Epson is known for. And it is backed with Epson’s leading service programs and one year RTB warranty (free upgrade to On-site warranty (capitial cites only) available on product registration). For further details see Epson Warranty.
AcuGrip™ Built to Perform
Unlike other disc publishers, the Epson Discproducer features patented AcuGrip picking technology which ensures that only one disc is placed in the drive or printer even if two are stuck together. The arm has a guide that places it in the centre of the disc. Then three independently powered fingers extend to separate the top disc from the remaining discs. Finally the peel off lever (or kicker lever) lifts the top disc for transportation. If more than one disc is lifted, they will be put in the reject stacker or the system will indicate an error has occurred. This technology not only increases the life of the product, but helps protect against the interruption of unattended production runs due to mechanical blockage.
Micro Piezo Print Head
MicroPiezo® print heads are at the heart of every Epson ink jet printer. These print heads spray ink through microscopic nozzles, or holes on the print head. Each of these nozzles has tiny, piezo electric elements, which vibrate tens of thousands of times per second, allowing the nozzle to fire ink droplets onto the disc at extremely rapid rates. No heat is involved in the printing. This ensures greater accuracy when firing ink droplets precisely onto the disc. And, it gives the printer greater control over ink droplet size. MicroPiezo technology ensures uniform, stable ink droplets with virtually no satellites or misting all of which means you get the high quality results you’d expect from Epson.
Building on the Strength and Experience of Epson Robotics
When you build industrial robots, you learn about quality, reliability and precision engineering. And Epson is a world-leader in the design, development and manufacture of such robots as for medical technology and airbag testing. That’s why our other products are so reliable – because they are built on the platform of knowledge and experience gained from the robotics environment. The Epson Discproducer™ is a perfect example. Its compact design, coupled with its dust-proof body and a minimum of moving parts, delivers precision performance, superb reliability and amazingly low running costs.
The Epson Discproducer™ PP-100AP is just as easy to operate as any office printer. The use of the software and hardware is intuitive, leaving you free to concentrate on your day-to-day work.
With the Total Disc Maker software, it is easy to create your own printed image for CD/DVD. Whether you want to use photographs, graphics, text or pre-existing templates, there are virtually no restrictions on your creativity.
In the final step, you can select the ideal quality and speed setting for your project:
- Quality: 50 media per hour
- Speed: 75 media per hour
- High-speed: 95 media per hour
- The maintenance cartridge is very easy to change.
Also available is the Total Disc Bridge Software* which allows software vendors, developers, and end users to use their own software applications for interfacing with the Discproducer.
*TD Bridge Software is available for download upon product registration.
To register your Discproducer, click here.