If you produce professional photography, gallery quality artwork or colour accurate proofs then the Epson Stylus Pro 4900/7900/9900 range is the series of choice. It represents a pinnacle in colour printing technology with an ultra-high resolution and an incredible colour gamut. It provides outstanding output in a platform that is flexible, reliable and easy to maintain.
The SP-9900 is a 44" (1118mm) Large Format Printer that is designed for photo printing and proofing work. It supports a wide range of roll and sheet media and features an ultra-fine MicroPiezo® Thin Film (TFP) head with Variable Sized Droplet Technology™ for output with superior resolution, gradations and colour density. It uses Epson UltraChrome® HDR all-pigment aqueous ink with an 11 cartridge configuration for premium colour and B&W output that is consistent, predictable and durable. Cartridges come in sizes to suit various levels of use and cost per print requirements. An optional SpectroProofer is available for precision colour management and ISO standard proofing work. An Auto-Take-Up system is also available to enable continuous roll to roll production.
FEATURES AT A GLANCE
- Amazing Print Quality – Epson 2880x1440dpi TFP head with VSDT enables consistent and predictable output in ultra-high resolution with superior half tones and an optimised ink density.
- Supreme Colour – 11 cartridge Epson UltraChrome HDR ink enables print with a high dMax and exceptionally wide colour gamut that is certified at 98% pantone coverage.
- Outstanding B&W – produces gallery quality black-and-white images with auto switching between Photo & Matte ink for output on different media types.
- Excellent Image Stability – prints dry quickly to become water and scratch resistant. Output can be stored for extended periods with excellent lightfastness*.
- Flexible Operation – supports a wide range of media with print speeds up to 46m2/hr . Handles roll based stock up to 44" (1118mm) wide and sheets up to Super B0 (including A0). Supports board stocks up to 1.5mm thick, can print edge-to-edge and full borderless.
- Easy to Use – colour LCD control panel with integrated help. Features spindle-less roll media loading, an auto media management system and a heavy duty cutter with selectable auto and manual operation.
- Designed for Business – flexible interfacing, operates with reduced power consumption and accepts large, cost-effective cartridges up to 700ml. Requires minimum maintenance and is supplied in various configurations with an optional SpectroProofer, Auto Take-Up system, and user selectable warranty / support packages. Compatible with a wide range of design, production, workflow management and RIP software.
The Stylus Pro 4900/7900/9900 series features Epson’s patented Thin Film MicroPiezo head technology with an enhanced 2880x1440dpi resolution. Unlike competing mechanisms that are based on heat, the TFP uses an electro-mechanical movement that is not only kinder to the ink chemistry for better imaging with more stable output, but consumes less power, is more flexible and more durable. Micro-fine drop-on-demand nozzles enable superior dot shaping with reduced overspray, more precise placement and volume / density control. The head features a 10 channel construction that is complemented with an advanced LUT (Look-Up-Table) and an 11 cartridge supply system with automatic Matte / Photo Black switching that optimises the dynamic range on different media types. The printer incorporates VSDT (Variable-size Droplet Technology) that enhances image quality with superior half-tones and optimised colour density while also minimising ink consumption. A special coating on the head works in conjunction with self monitoring, cleaning, and alignment systems to ensure predictable, consistent and reliable output with minimal user maintenance.
UltraChrome High Dynamic Range (HDR) ink is an expansion of Epson’s famous K3 family. Using aqueous (water based) all-pigment ink technology, the K3 series produces prints which dry quickly to become water and scratch resistant with an incredible colour gamut and Dmax. The printer automatically switches between Matte and Photo Black to suit the gloss levels on different media types. It mixes the base black with light and light-light black ink to provide the maximum possible tonal range with a neutral grey, excellent balance, reduce bronzing and no colorcasts/colour twist. Colour is stable in just 30 minutes and can remain lightfast for up to 300 years or longer*. HDR ink uses improved Microcrystal Encapsulation™ Technology for a reduced gloss differential and more consistent colour under different lighting conditions. It also extends the gamut range with Vivid Magenta for brighter blues and pinks, Orange for fine facial tones and lighting effects, as well as Green for superior landscape and environmental imaging. Used together the inks provide for an incredible 98% coverage of the Pantone® pallet.
The Stylus Pro range is colorimetric calibrated during assembly to ensure that colour proofs, photographic and fine–art prints from different printers of the same model remain totally consistent. The ink features a colour constancy level of less than DeltaE 1.0 so that prints remain visually consistent when viewed under different lights and lighting conditions. An optional spectrophotometer is available to suit all models in the range. Co-developed with X-Rite®, the SpectroProofer provides extreme measurement accuracy and when driven with an appropriate RIP it enables precision proofing as well as the automation of colour management into operational workflows. It is available with or without a UV-cut filter and mounts directly to the printer with a built-in dryer to accelerate dry-down and reading.
Flexible and Easy to Operate
The SP-9900 is a floor standing printer with a 44" (1118mm) wide carriage and an integrated folding output bin. It supports a wide range of media from basic bond to photo and fine-art paper, transparent film to translucent back-lit, canvas to specialist synthetics. It accepts roll media with fast spindle-less mounting, automatic skew adjustment, and a high-speed auto-cutter which will cut most stocks including canvas. The printer supports sheet media and has a straight through paper path for solid board up to 1.5mm thick. It supports edge-to-edge printing on both sheet and roll media and will print full borderless on roll stocks. The printer ships with one roll media adaptor set that supports rolls with either 2” or 3” cores. Additional sets can be ordered separately for environments that involve high volume work and/or multiple media types. Optional roll paper belts are also available to help maintain tension in rolls during storage. A barcode based media management system helps track consumption on individual rolls while also facilitating rapid exchange with automatic re-configuration for different media types. An optional Auto Take-Up system is available for roll-to-roll printing and off-line / automated post-production. An optional CTP Plate Adapter kit can also be attached. The kit enables production of aluminium printer plates for use in wide range of analogue presses.**
The Stylus Pro range has been designed for professional and commercial applications. All models feature fast and flexible networking facilities. They have large colour LCD screens with an easy to follow menu system and in-built help. They can be configured remotely and have driver software available to suit most operating systems. The range has been designed to ensure consistent and reliable operation with minimal maintenance. Ink cartridges are pressurised to support reliable delivery at the highest production speeds and come in a variety of sizes to suit different levels of usage and cost per print requirements. Printers can be purchased with a range of warranty and support packages to suit different leasing plans and business needs. They are supported by an extensive service network that has been configured for on-site repair.***
* Accelerated testing of prints on specialty photo & fine art media displayed indoors under glass indicates light stability of up to 100 years for colour and 200 years for B&W. If prints are treated and stored appropriately then light stability can be increased to 300 years or longer. IMPORTANT: Actual stability will vary according to the media, image, surface treatment, display conditions, light intensity, humidity and atmospheric conditions. Epson does not provide any warranty or guarantee on the longevity of prints. For further details on light stability and image preservation please visit www.wilhelm-research.com.
** The Epson CTP system is designed for short & ultra-short print runs. It requires use of a specialised RIP and plate media which must be sourced separately. An additional Plate Curing Unit may also be required depending on the media format and print run length. Please consult an authorised Epson CTP Reseller for details.
*** Service and support is provided for product supplied through Epson Australia. This facility is provided in conjunction with the Epson Authorised Large Format Reseller network. Limitations apply to the provision of on-site service. Regional locations and certain installation situations may attract additional charges. Service may be restricted or limited when equipment is used outside of specification &/or with non-Epson consumables. Please contact Epson Australia or one of our Authorised Resellers for full details on coverage, terms and limitations.