- All Products
- Printers for Home
- Printers for Business
- Printers for Creative Pros
- Paper & Media
- Interactive Business Projectors
- Home Theatre Projectors
- Disc Publishing
- Receipt Printers
- On-Demand Labelling
- Photography & Fine Art
- Posters & Graphics
- Proofing & Packaging
- Computer to Plate
- Technical & CAD
- Signage & Decor
- Fabric & Merchandise
- Commercial Printers
- Industrial Printers
- Epson CoverPlus
- Clearance Centre
- Product Videos
Pro Graphics Express Warranty
Australian Consumer Law Prescribed Statement
Our Products come with guarantees that cannot be excluded under the Australian Consumer Law (“ACL”). You are entitled to a replacement or refund for a major failure and for compensation for any other reasonably foreseeable loss or damage. You are also entitled to have the Products repaired or replaced if they fail to be of acceptable quality and the failure does not amount to a major failure.
This Express Warranty is in addition to other rights or remedies that You may have under the ACL in relation to your product.
In this Express Warranty:
- "ACL" means the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 and regulations.
- "Consumable" include (without limitation) ink cartridges, paper, maintenance tanks, cleaning pads, cutter blades, pump cap assembly, flushing box, wiper blades, paper feed rollers and cleaning unit.
- "Epson Australia" means Epson Australia Pty Ltd ABN 91 002 625 783.
- “Factory Second” means a Product expressly sold by Epson Australia as a second.
- "Genuine" means manufactured by or for a member of the Seiko-Epson group of companies.
- "Onsite" means at your business premises in Australia.
- "Product" means a Genuine Large Format Printer supplied new by Epson Australia, being one of the following models:-
- Epson Stylus Pro 3880*
- Epson Stylus Pro 4400
- Epson Stylus Pro 4450
- Epson Stylus Pro 4880
- Epson Stylus Pro 4900
- Epson Stylus Pro 7450
- Epson Stylus Pro 7700
- Epson Stylus Pro 7880
- Epson Stylus Pro 7890
- Epson Stylus Pro 7900
- Epson Stylus Pro 7900CTP
- Epson Stylus Pro WT7900
- Epson Stylus Pro 9450
- Epson Stylus Pro 9600
- Epson Stylus Pro 9700
- Epson Stylus Pro 9880
- Epson Stylus Pro 9890
- Epson Stylus Pro 9900
- Epson Stylus Pro 11880
- SureColor SC-P800
- SureColor SC-P6070
- SureColor SC-P7070
- SureColor SC-P8070
- SureColor SC-P9070
- SureColor SC-P10070
- SureColor SC-P20070
- "Marketing Initiative" includes any competition or promotion initiated by Epson Australia.
- "Purchase Date" means the date of a Product’s first purchase from Epson Australia or a Stockist.
- "Proof of Purchase" means a legible copy of your purchase receipt or invoice for the Product.
- "Specifications" means the performance characteristics of a Product set out from time to time on Epson Australia’s website.
- "Stockist" means an authorized Epson PRO Graphics dealer.
- "Service Agent" means a person or a company authorized by Epson Australia to repair a Product.
- "You" means the End User and “your” has a corresponding meaning.
- “Component” means any spare part or other user replaceable item that forms a part of the Product and which may be replaced from time to time.
- “Life Expectancy” refers to the volume of output and age of a Component or Product. The volume and age must be considered together with the final figure dependant on whichever occurs first. The general life expectancy of these Products is 5 years where the period of 5 years is based on 1 shift of 8 hours per day over 5 days per week.
Express Warranty Terms
Epson Australia offers an Onsite Express Warranty on your Product subject to the following conditions.
Epson Australia warrants that your Product will be free from any defect in materials or workmanship for one (1) year (or, in case of a Factory Second, for six (6) months months unless otherwise advised by Epson) after your Purchase Date.
At its discretion, Epson Australia will either repair or replace your Product, if it is found on inspection by Epson or a Service Agent to have any such defect within the relevant Express Warranty period.
A Stockist who sells a Product to you has no authority from Epson Australia to give you any additional Express Warranty or guarantee in relation to your Product or to make any statement (other than what is contained in the Specifications) about:
- a Product's performance or fitness for any specific purpose; or
- the currency or application of any Marketing Initiative.
Epson Australia will not be liable for any consequential loss or damage claimed to arise from your use of the Product. In particular (but without limitation) Epson Australia will not be liable for actual or expected revenue loss or for any corruption or loss of data claimed to arise from your use of the Product.
Express Warranty Claim Procedure
If you wish to make a claim under this Express Warranty, you must do the following:
- First call the Stockist from which you purchased your Product to identify and rectify (if possible) any fault
- If the fault cannot be identified and rectified as above, you should call Epson Australia on 1300-131-928 for the location of your nearest Service Agent and then provide that Service Agent with satisfactory proof of your Purchase Date, to show that this Express Warranty applies to your Product at the date of your claim
- If your Product is located within an 80-kilometre radius of a Service Agent you will be entitled to receive Onsite Express Warranty service.
- If your Product is located outside this radius, you must, either bear the cost and risk of having your Product delivered to and returned from a Service Agent for Express Warranty service, or pay the Service Agent’s reasonable travel and accommodation costs to provide you with Onsite Express Warranty service
- If a Service Agent provides Onsite Express Warranty service but finds that any fault is not directly related to a breach of this Express Warranty, you must pay its current service fee and its reasonable travel and accommodation costs on a return basis (if applicable) to provide you with Onsite Express Warranty service.
Express Warranty Application
This Express Warranty applies only:
- To a Product sold to You by Epson Australia or by a Stockist; and
- You have not bought the Product for resale.
Express Warranty Exclusions
This Express Warranty will not apply if any of the following occurs during the applicable Express Warranty period stated above:
- A Product’s serial number or any rating label is removed or changed in any way;
- A Product is serviced or repaired or modified by anyone other than by a Service Agent;
- You use a Product contrary to the technical or operating environment guidelines recommended in the Epson Australia user guide or manual;
- A component part of your Product, (including but without limitation its waste pads), reaches the end of its service life; or
- A Product’s malfunction or failure to perform according
to Epson Australia's specifications results from:
- deliberate or accidental damage;
- neglect or modification by or on behalf of an End User;
- the use of incorrect voltage or a power surge;
- any form of computer virus;
- the use of non-Genuine consumables, software, replacement parts, accessories and/or interfacing; or
- any parts require repair or replacement as a result of normal wear and tear, corrosion or stain.
If you use non-Genuine Consumables, software, replacement parts or accessories in or with your Product during the relevant Express Warranty period, you may damage the Product and may consequently invalidate this Express Warranty and you may incur the cost of return travel, labour and parts for a Service Agent to repair or attempt to repair such damage.
Details of the company giving this Express Warranty
Epson Australia Pty Ltd
3 Talavera Road, North Ryde, NSW 2113.
Phone 02 8899 3666
Epson Australia Customer Service: 1300-131-928
Technical Downloads: http://tech.epson.com.au/
Hours of Operation
Monday through Friday from 8.30am to 6.00pm (AEST)
Standard Service Response Rate
Epson Australia Pty Ltd offers an eight (8) working hour response time on normal business days for Express Warranty repair work on all Large Format Printers, except the Stylus Pro 3880.
* The Stylus Pro 3880 & SureColour P800 are covered by a "next business day" onsite Express Warranty in major capital cities.
On-Site Service Coverage
Epson Australia Pty Limited will perform Onsite Express Warranty repair work within an 80 kilometre radius from its nearest service centre, in the following areas; Sydney, NSW Central Coast, Newcastle, Wollongong, Canberra, Melbourne, Hobart, Launceston, Brisbane, Adelaide, Perth, Darwin and Wagga Wagga.
Epson Australia is continually focused on improving it's geographical service coverage, so please do not hesitate to contact our customer service centre for newly appointed service centres beyond these areas.