- All Products
- Printers for Home
- Printers for Business
- Printers for Creative Pros
- Paper & Media
- Interactive Business Projectors
- Home Theatre Projectors
- Disc Publishing
- Receipt Printers
- On-Demand Labelling
- Photography & Fine Art
- Posters & Graphics
- Proofing & Packaging
- Computer to Plate
- Technical & CAD
- Signage & Decor
- Fabric & Merchandise
- Commercial Printers
- Industrial Printers
- Epson CoverPlus
- Clearance Centre
- Product Videos
SureColor - Technical Series Express Warranty
Australian Consumer Law Prescribed Statement
Our Products come with guarantees that cannot be excluded under the Australian Consumer Law (“ACL”). You are entitled to a replacement or refund for a major failure and for compensation for any other reasonably foreseeable loss or damage. You are also entitled to have the Products repaired or replaced if they fail to be of acceptable quality and the failure does not amount to a major failure.
This Express Warranty is in addition to other rights or remedies that You may have under the ACL in relation to your product.
In this Express Warranty:
- "ACL" means the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 and regulations.
- "Consumable" include (without limitation) ink cartridges cleaning cartridges, pre-treatment liquid, maintenance tanks, cleaning pads, cleaning sticks, cleaning fluid, waste/recycling bottles, drain tubes, clamps, tweezers, gloves, cups, caps, pump cap assemblies, flushing pads, fabric wiper units, and fabric rollers and pre-treatment applicators.
- "Epson Australia" means Epson Australia Pty Ltd ABN 91 002 625 783.
- “Factory Second” means a Product expressly sold by Epson Australia as a second.
- "Genuine" means manufactured by or for a member of the Seiko-Epson group of companies.
- "Onsite" means at your business premises in Australia.
- "Product" means a Genuine Large Format Printer supplied new by Epson Australia,
being one of the following models:-
- Epson SureColor SC-T3000
- Epson SureColor SC-T3200
- Epson SureColor SC-T5000
- Epson SureColor SC-T5200
- Epson SureColor SC-T5200D
- Epson SureColor SC-T7000
- Epson SureColor SC-T7200
- Epson SureColor SC-T7200D
- "Marketing Initiative" includes any competition or promotion initiated by Epson Australia.
- "Purchase Date" means the date of a Product’s first purchase from Epson Australia or a Stockist.
- "Proof of Purchase" means a legible copy of your purchase receipt or invoice for the Product.
- "Specifications" means the performance characteristics of a Product set out from time to time on Epson Australia’s website.
- "Stockist" means an authorized Epson PRO Graphics dealer..
- "Service Agent" means a person or a company authorized by Epson Australia to repair a Product.
- "You" means the End User and “your” has a corresponding meaning.
- "User Manual" means a document created by Seiko Epson that provides detailed installation, operation and maintenance instructions.
- "Component" means any spare part or other user replaceable item that forms a part of the Product and which may be replaced from time to time.
- "Life Expectancy" refers to the volume of output and age of a Component or Product. The volume and age must be considered together with the final figure dependent on whichever occurs first. The volume based Life Expectancy for Components will vary dependent on its function. The volume based Life Expectancy of a Product is based on the number of sheets of a nominated size printed with alternative sizes computed on a proportional basis (ie ONE A2 print produced on a T3000 or T3200 = HALF a sheet);
- SC-T3000 & T3200: 5 years or 20,000 ISO A1 sheets
- SC-T5000, T5200, T5200D: 5 years or 20,000 ISO A0 sheets
- SC-T7000, T7200, T7200D: 5 years or 20,000 JIS B0 sheets
Express Warranty Terms
Epson Australia offers an Onsite Express Warranty on your Product subject to the following conditions.
Epson Australia warrants that your Product will be free from any defect in materials or workmanship for one (1) year (or, in case of a Factory Second, for six (6) months months unless otherwise advised by Epson) after your Purchase Date.
At its discretion, Epson Australia will either repair or replace your Product, if it is found on inspection by Epson or a Service Agent to have any such defect within the relevant Express Warranty period.A Stockist who sells a Product to you has no authority from Epson Australia to give you any additional Express Warranty or guarantee in relation to your Product or to make any statement (other than what is contained in the Specifications) about:
- a Product's performance or fitness for any specific purpose; and
- the currency or application of any Marketing Initiative.
Epson Australia will not be liable for any consequential loss or damage claimed to arise from your use of the Product. In particular (but without limitation) Epson Australia will not be liable for actual or expected revenue loss or for any corruption or loss of data claimed to arise from your use of the Product.
Express Warranty Claim Procedure
If you wish to make a claim under this Express Warranty, you must do the following:
- First call the Stockist from which you purchased your Product to identify and rectify (if possible) any fault.
- If the fault cannot be identified and rectified as above, you should call Epson Australia on 1300 361 054 for the location of your nearest Service Agent and then provide that Service Agent with satisfactory proof of your Purchase Date, to show that this Express Warranty applies to your Product at the date of your claim
- If your Product is located within an 80-kilometre radius of a Service Agent you will be entitled to receive Onsite Express Warranty service.
- If your Product is located outside this radius, you must, either bear the cost and risk of having your Product delivered to and returned from a Service Agent for Express Warranty service, or pay the Service Agent’s reasonable travel and accommodation costs to provide you with Onsite Express Warranty service
- If a Service Agent provides Onsite Express Warranty service but finds that any fault is not directly related to a breach of this Express Warranty, you must pay its current service fee and its reasonable travel and accommodation costs on a return basis (if applicable) to provide you with Onsite Express Warranty service.
Express Warranty Application
This Express Warranty applies only if:
- You purchase Product from Epson Australia or an authorised Stockist;
- You have not bought the Product for resale.
Express Warranty Exclusions
This Express Warranty will not apply if any of the following events occurs during the Warranty period:
- A Product's serial number or any rating label is removed or changed in anyway;
- A Product is serviced, repaired or modified other than by Epson or its authorised Service Agent;
- You use a Product contrary to the technical or operating guidelines recommended in the Epson Australia User guide or Manual;
- A Product or Component part of your Product, (including but without limitation its waste pads), reaches the end of its Life Expectancy; or
- A Product’s malfunction or failure to perform according to Epson Australia's specifications results from:
- deliberate or accidental damage;
- neglect or modification by or on behalf of an End User;
- the use of incorrect voltage or a power surge;
- any form of computer virus;
- the use of non-Genuine consumables, software, replacement parts, accessories and/or interfacing; or
- any parts require repair or replacement as a result of normal wear and tear, corrosion or stain.
Epson Australia advises that if you use non-genuine Consumables, software, Parts, Consumable Parts or accessories, you may cause damage to your Product that may invalidate this Warranty and you may incur the current cost of Parts, travel and labour for a Service Agent to repair or attempt to repair such damage.
Details of the company giving this Express Warranty
Epson Australia Pty Ltd
3 Talavera Road, North Ryde, NSW 2113.
Phone 02 8899 3666
Epson Australia Customer Service: 1300-131-928
Technical Downloads: http://tech.epson.com.au/
These following notes form part of Epson's Standard Express Warranty and are to be read in conjunction with the other terms and conditions of this warranty.
Hours of Operation
Monday through Friday from 8.30am to 6.00pm (AEST), excluding Public Holidays. Epson may change this period without notice. Upon request and Epson's prior approval, Epson will provide service outside its normal hours of operation at Epson's then-current field service rates.
Standard Service Response Rate
Epson Australia Pty Ltd offers an eight (8) working hour response time on normal business days for Express Warranty repair work on all Large Format Printers
On-Site Service Coverage
Epson Australia Pty Limited will perform Onsite Express Warranty repair work within an 80 kilometre radius from its nearest service centre, in the following areas; Sydney, NSW Central Coast, Newcastle, Wollongong, Canberra, Melbourne, Hobart, Launceston, Brisbane, Cairns, Adelaide, Darwin, Perth and Wagga Wagga.
Epson Australia is continually focused on improving its geographical service coverage, so please do not hesitate to contact our customer service centre for newly appointed service centres beyond these areas.