Back to Base Warranty
Epson Australia Express Warranty
Australian Consumer Law Prescribed Statement
Our Products come with guarantees that cannot be excluded under the Australian Consumer Law (“ACL”). You are entitled to a replacement or refund for a major failure and for compensation for any other reasonably foreseeable loss or damage. You are also entitled to have the Products repaired or replaced if they fail to be of acceptable quality and the failure does not amount to a major failure.
This Express Warranty is in addition to other rights or remedies that You may have under the ACL in relation to your Product.
In this Express Warranty:
- “ACL” means the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 and Regulations.
- “Back to Base” is where you deliver your Product to and collect it from a Service Agent.
- “Consumable” includes (without limitation) ink cartridges, toner cartridges, paper, waste pads and lamps.
- “Epson Australia” means Epson Australia Pty Ltd ABN 91 002 625 783.
- "Quality Refurbished Product" means a refurbished product that's unused or had very little use, except for checking and quality verification by Epson's own service department to ensure it performs properly. These products are sold by Epson Australia, and were previously referred to as a Factory Second.
- “Genuine” means manufactured by or for a member of the Seiko-Epson group of companies.
- “Hours” means the number of hours for which a Product or a Lamp is used, as recorded by the counter within the Product.
- “Lamp” means a projector lamp whether supplied in a Product or subsequently purchased from Epson Australia or a Stockist.
- “Product” means a Genuine Product projector (but excluding the Lamp) sold new by Epson Australia.
- “Marketing Initiative” includes any competition or promotion initiated by Epson Australia relating to a Product.
- “Purchase Date” means the date of first purchase of a Product from Epson Australia or a Stockist.
- “Specifications” means the performance characteristics of a Product set out from time to time on Epson Australia’s website.
- “Stockist” means a dealer, reseller or retailer of a Product.
- “Service Agent” means a person or company authorised by Epson Australia to provide Express Warranty service on a Product.
- “You” means the End User and “your” has a corresponding meaning.
Express Warranty Terms
Epson Australia offers a Back to Base Warranty on your Product subject to the following conditions.
Epson Australia warrants that your Product will be free from any defect in materials or workmanship for the periods set out in the following tables:
Projector Warranty Period
(When supplied new with Projector)
6 Months or 750 hours**
Lamp Model Codes
(When purchased separately from a Product)
Codes ending L46 or above
12 months or 750Hrs**
Codes ending L45 or below
3 months or 500Hrs**
3D Home Cinema Glasses
** Whichever comes first
At its discretion, Epson Australia will either repair or replace your Product, if it is found on inspection by Epson or a Service Agent to have any such defect within the relevant warranty period.
A Stockist who sells a Product to you has no authority from Epson Australia to give you any additional warranty or guarantee in relation to your Product or to make any statement other than what is contained in the Specifications) about:
- a Product’s performance or fitness for any specific purpose; or
- the currency or application of any Marketing Initiative.
Epson Australia will not be liable for any consequential loss or damage claimed to arise from your use of the Product. In particular (but without limitation) Epson Australia will not be liable for actual or expected revenue loss or for any corruption or loss of data claimed to arise from your use of the Product.
Quality Refurbished Product Warranty
Purchases of Quality Refurbished Products (previously known as factory seconds) made on/after 1/3/2019, will be covered by this warranty for a period of twelve (12) months from the Purchase Date. Lamps will be covered as per the table above.
Products and their lamps purchased before 1/3/2019 are covered by a 6 month warranty.
Express Warranty Claim Procedure
If you wish to make a claim under this Express Warranty, you must do the following:
- Call Epson Australia’s Contact Centre on 1300 361 054 to notify them of your claim;
- Return the Product, as far as possible in its original packaging, to a Service Agent, whose location will be advised by Epson Australia’s Contact Centre; and
- Provide a copy of your purchase receipt, or other reasonably acceptable evidence of your Purchase Date, to show that this Express Warranty applies to your Product at the date of your claim.
You will be required to pay the cost of delivering your Product to and collecting your Product from Epson Australia (or a Service Agent) for Express Warranty service.
Express Warranty Application
This Express Warranty applies only:
- To a Product sold by Epson Australia or by a Stockist; and
- You have not bought the Product for resale.
Express Warranty Exclusions
This Express Warranty will not apply if any of the following events occurs in relation to your Product during the applicable warranty period stated above:
- A Product’s serial number or any rating label is removed or changed in any way;
- A Product is found to have been used in an excessively dusty environment;
- A Product is serviced or repaired by anyone other than a Service Agent;
- You use a Product contrary to any recommended, technical, operating, handling or storage guidelines in its user guide;
- If a Product is found to have been used continuously during its warranty period; or
- A Product’s malfunction or failure to perform according
to Epson Australia’s specifications results from:
- deliberate or accidental damage;
- neglect or modification by or on behalf of an End User;
- the use of incorrect voltage or a power surge; or
- the use of non-Genuine Consumables, software, replacement parts or accessories.
If you use non-Genuine Lamps, software, replacement parts or accessories in or with your Product during the relevant warranty period, you may damage the Product and may consequently invalidate this Express Warranty.
Note to this Warranty
During projection, some points (dots) may appear lit at all times, or they may be dark at all times. This is caused by the characteristics of the LCD panel, and is not a sign of a malfunction. The LCD panel is manufactured using extremely high-precision technology. However, black dots may appear on the panel, or some red, blue or green dots may light extremely brightly at times. Furthermore, sometimes stripe-shaped colour irregularities or brightness irregularities may also appear also appear, which is also not a sign of malfunction.
Spare parts provided as a result of a repair of your Product under warranty or Epson CoverPlus or purchased by you outside of warranty are provided with an Express Warranty under the same terms and conditions of the Express Warranty for the Product in which they are installed and are covered for a period of 90 days or the remaining Express Warranty or remaining Epson CoverPlus period, whichever is longer subject to being installed by an Epson Authorised Service Agent.
For Software Drivers, User or Product Manuals, Installation or Setup Guides, How-to-Videos, MSDS Bulletins and other support information visit http://tech.epson.com.au
Phone Technical Support:- 1300 361 054
Details of the Company giving this Express
Epson Australia Pty Ltd
Level 1, 3 Talavera Road
North Ryde NSW 2113
1300 361 054
New Zealand customers please refer to