Epson Australia launches its fastest-ever workgroup scanners
New WorkForce DS-970 and DS-870 are fast, reliable and robust scanners for environments where speed and dependability are paramount
SYDNEY, 27 August 2019 – Epson Australia has expanded its workgroup document scanner portfolio with the new WorkForce DS-970 and DS-870, its fastest-ever colour duplex document scanners designed for busy and high-volume offices of any size.
Offering blazing-fast speeds for the demanding office environment, Epson's first 85 ppm/170 ipm1 document scanner, the DS-970 offers a peak daily duty cycle of up to 9,000 sheets2, while the new DS-870 scans as fast as 65 ppm/130 ipm1 with a peak daily duty cycle of up to 7,000 sheets3.
Featuring a 100-page Automatic Document Feeder for high-volume batch scanning, the versatile DS-970 and DS-870 help professionals easily scan, organise and upload a variety of documents, including mixed stacks of business and ID cards, long documents and folded pages4 up to 11" x 17" (A3).
Using advanced paper feed technology which includes Slow Speed Mode for delicate sheets, Double-Feed Detection and Paper Protection to prevent misfeeds, the DS-970 and DS-870 allow the user to conveniently scan important documents hassle and worry-free. With the included OCR and powerful Document Capture software as well as compatibility with both Windows® and Mac®, users can create searchable PDFs, store and share their work to online storage accounts such as Evernote®, SharePoint® and Google DriveTM5. Additionally, both models come with a compact, space-saving footprint, designed to easily fit within virtually any modern workspace.
Equipped with an LCD screen for easy navigation and mode selection, the DS-970 and DS-870 come with advanced TWAIN and ISIS® drivers for seamless integration with existing third-party document management software. With expanded versatility, users can choose from the optional Network Interface Unit to share the scanner across a network or optional Flatbed Dock to connect to a compatible Epson photo scanner for scanning photos, passports, or bound materials6.
Both scanners include a three-year limited warranty.
Pricing and Availability
The Epson WorkForce DS-970 (RRP $1,799) and DS-870 (RRP $1,499) are available now at www.epson.com.au and through authorised Epson resellers.
1. Based on letter-sized scans at 300 dpi in Black-and-White, Grayscale or Colour Mode.
2. Peak daily duty cycle is the highest recommended number of scanned sheets per day. For best results, do not exceed the peak daily duty cycle. Calculations based on a scanning speed of 65 ppm and an assumed daily use time.
3. Peak daily duty cycle is the highest recommended number of scanned sheets per day. For best results, do not exceed the peak daily duty cycle. Calculations based on a scanning speed of 85 ppm and an assumed daily use time.
4. Carrier sheet required for folded oversized pages, sold separately.
5. With Epson Document Capture software installed on the connected Windows PC or Mac. Internet connection is required.
6. Compatible with Epson Perfection® V19 or Epson Perfection V39 flatbed photo scanners, sold separately.
The Epson DS-970 and DS-870
Follow Epson on social media:
Read them at: http://www.epson.co.jp/e/newsroom/newsroom_index.htm