The SC-P5070 is a 17" (432mm) Large Format Printer that is designed for premium photo, fine art, proofing & packaging design. It supports a wide range of standard and specialist media in roll and sheet formats. It features a PrecisionCore® Thin Film (TFP) head with Variable Sized Droplet Technology™ that enables the output of images in high resolution with superior fidelity and tonal gradation. It uses Epson’s latest UltraChrome® HDX all-pigment aqueous ink for accurate colour with an enhanced gamut, Dmax and image durability. The printer uses a 10 colour ink configuration with two levels of black, a choice of a third black or alternative Violet ink for outstanding colour and B&W prints with up to 99% PANTONE® coverage. An optional SpectroProofer (ILS30) is available for precision colour management and ISO standard proofing work.
KEY FEATURES & BENEFITS
- Amazing Print Quality – Epson 2880x1440dpi TFP head with VSDT enables consistent and predictable output in ultra-high resolution with superior half tones and an optimised ink density.
- Supreme Colour – 10 colour Epson UltraChrome HDX ink enables prints with a high dMax and wide colour gamut, can be configured with either Light Light Black for a 98% PANTONE certified coverage or Violet for 99% coverage.
- Outstanding B&W – produces gallery quality black-and-white images with auto switching between Photo & Matte ink for output on different media types.
- Excellent Image Stability – prints dry quickly to become water and scratch resistant. Output can be stored for extended periods with excellent lightfastness*.
- Flexible Operation – supports a wide range of media with print speeds up to 30m2/hr. Handles roll based stock up to 17" (432mm) wide and sheets up to A2. Supports board up to 1.5mm thick and supports edge-to-edge and borderless printing.
- Easy to Use – features spindle-less roll media loading, adjustable tension control, an auto media management system, and a heavy duty auto cutter. Has a colour LCD control panel with integrated help and offers flexible high-speed interfacing.
- Epson Print Layout Software – This plug-in for Adobe Photoshop, Lightroom, and Nikon ViewNX-i provides a simple, easy and flexible tool for producing images to suit a variety of display requirements. Images can be printed individually or as a compound, either borderless or with a choice of border sizes and styles. An advanced gallery wrap function enables output that is suitable for mounting onto a frame. The program operates via intuitive and consistent controls that include slider bars and colour wheels for precise and easy adjustment. It includes a set of colour modes to create different finishes and moods as well as an Advanced Black and White mode. It includes a set of template Layouts, supports ICC soft proofing, Colour Production, Preview, Custom media registration & Panorama Layouts.
- Designed for Business – operates with reduced power consumption, uses 11 large and cost-effective ink cartridges (up to 200ml), and requires minimum user maintenance. Supplied in various configurations with an optional SpectroProofer and user selectable Epson Cover Plus service packs for cover up to a total of 5 years. Compatible with a wide range of design, production, workflow management and RIP software.