- All Products
- Printers for Home
- Printers for Business
- Printers for Creative Pros
- Paper & Media
- Interactive Business Projectors
- Home Theatre Projectors
- Disc Publishing
- Receipt Printers
- On-Demand Labelling
- Photography & Fine Art
- Posters & Graphics
- Proofing & Packaging
- Computer to Plate
- Technical & CAD
- Signage & Decor
- Fabric & Merchandise
- Commercial Printers
- Industrial Printers
- Epson CoverPlus
- Clearance Centre
- Product Videos
SureLab - Minilab Express Warranty
Australian Consumer Law Prescribed Statement
Our Products come with guarantees that cannot be excluded under the Australian Consumer Law (“ACL”). You are entitled to a replacement or refund for a major failure and for compensation for any other reasonably foreseeable loss or damage. You are also entitled to have the Products repaired or replaced if they fail to be of acceptable quality and the failure does not amount to a major failure.
This Express Warranty is in addition to other rights or remedies that You may have under the ACL in relation to your product.
In this Express Warranty:
- "ACL" means the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 and regulations.
- "Consumable" include (without limitation) ink cartridges, paper, maintenance tanks, cleaning pads, cutter blades, pump cap assembly, flushing box, wiper blades, paper feed rollers and cleaning unit.
- "Epson Australia" means Epson Australia Pty Ltd ABN 91 002 625 783.
- “Factory Second” means a Product expressly sold by Epson Australia as a second.
- "Genuine" means manufactured by or for a member of the Seiko-Epson group of companies.
- "Onsite" means at your business premises in Australia.
- "Product" means a Genuine Large Format Printer supplied new by Epson Australia, being one of the following models:-
- Epson SureLab SL-D3000-SR (Single Roll)
- Epson SureLab SL-D3000-DR (Dual Roll)
- Epson SureLab SL-D700
- "Marketing Initiative" includes any competition or promotion initiated by Epson Australia.
- "Purchase Date" means the date of a Product’s first purchase from Epson Australia or a Stockist.
- "Proof of Purchase" means a legible copy of your purchase receipt or invoice for the Product.
- "Specifications" means the performance characteristics of a Product set out from time to time on Epson Australia’s website.
- "Stockist" means an authorized Epson dealer.
- "Service Agent" means a person or a company authorized by Epson Australia to repair a Product.
- "You" means the End User and “your” has a corresponding meaning.
- "User Manual" means a document created by Seiko Epson that provides detailed installation, operation and maintenance instructions.
- "Component" means any spare part or other user replaceable item that forms a part of the Product and which may be replaced from time to time.
- "Life Expectancy" refers to the volume of output and age of a Component or Product. The volume and age must be considered together with the final figure dependent on whichever occurs first. The volume based Life Expectancy for Components will vary dependent on its function. The volume based Life Expectancy of a Product is based on the number of 152x102mm (6”x4”) sheets printed with alternative sizes computed on a proportional basis (i.e. ONE 12”x8” print = TWO sheets);
- SLD300SR & DR: 5 years or 3,000,000 sheets
- SL-D700: 5 years or 100,000 sheets
Express Warranty Terms
Subject to these conditions, Epson Australia offers an Onsite Express Warranty on your Product.
A Stockist who sells a Product to you has no authority from Epson Australia to give you any additional Express Warranty or guarantee in relation to your Product or to make any statement (other than what is contained in the Specifications) about:
- a Product's performance or fitness for any specific purpose; or
- the currency or application of any Marketing Initiative.
Under this Express Warranty, Epson Australia will not be liable for any claimed consequential loss or any indirect or special damage arising from your use of the Product or any breach of this warranty. In particular (but without limitation) Epson Australia excludes any liability for actual or expected loss of revenue or profits, business interruption, loss or corruption of business information or data claimed to arise from your use of the Product.
Epson Australia warrants that your Product will be free from defects in materials or workmanship for one (1) year from the first installation date
This warranty includes all Genuine Parts (excluding Consumables, Consumable Parts and Parts that have reached their rated life) and labour. Consumable Parts must be purchased by you at Epson's then-current prices.
At its discretion, Epson Australia will either repair or replace a Product (with an equivalent model which may be new or re furbished) if it is found, on inspection by Epson or a Service Agent, to have any defect as outlined above. In the event that Epson chooses to replace a Product under this Express Warranty, only the unexpired balance of the Warranty for the replaced Product will apply to the replacement Product.
This Express warranty is limited to those software packages that carry the Epson logo, provided those packages are not modified (other than by an authorised Epson Australia representative). You are responsible for backing-up, or preserving the integrity of software generated data in the course of using the Epson software packages and during technical support. Epson Australia will not be liable for any loss of data arising from repairs or advice given on the use of the Epson provided software or hardware Products.
All warranty claims must be approved by Epson Australia before any warranty service work is performed. No such warranty service work once approved will be performed except by an authorised Service Agent.
Express Warranty Claim Procedure
If you wish to make a claim under this Express Warranty, you must:
- First call the Stockist to identify and rectify any fault if possible).
- If a fault is found which requires an onsite visit by an authorised Service Agent, the Stockist will log the service job with Epson.
- If your Product is located within the metropolitan area of Sydney, Wollongong, Newcastle, Canberra, Melbourne, Hobart, Brisbane, Adelaide or Perth, you will be entitled to receive Onsite Express Warranty service.
- If your Product is located outside of these Australian cities, you must pay the closest Service Agent's reasonable return travel and accommodation costs to provide you with On-site warranty service.
If a Service Agent attends to provide On-site warranty service but finds that the reported fault is not directly related to a failure of the Product that is covered by this Express Warranty (including, without limitation, your failure to perform regular user level maintenance as prescribed in the User Manual), you must pay its current service fee and its reasonable return travel and accommodation costs (if applicable) to provide you with On-site service.
Express Warranty Application
This Express Warranty applies only if:
- You purchase Product from Epson Australia or an authorised Stockist;
- You use the Product for your own business purposes;
- You operate the Product at its original Location at the time of installation, in a suitable environment, in compliance with the Product's environmental requirements as specified by Epson Australia;
- You use only Genuine Epson Consumable Parts when operating the Product;
- You perform regular maintenance as prescribed in the User Manual;
- You make the Product available for service when scheduled or requested by Epson or its Agent. And provide full access to Product, with adequate working space, storage space, and facilities, including heat, light, ventilation, electric current and power outlets.
Express Warranty Exclusions
This Express Warranty will not apply if any of the following events occurs during the Warranty period:
- A Product's serial number or any rating label is removed or changed in anyway;
- A Product is serviced, repaired or modified other than by Epson or its authorised Service Agent;
- You have installed or used a Product contrary to the technical or operating guidelines recommended in its User guide or Manual;
- A component Part of your Product has reached or exceeded its Life Expectancy;
- A fault occurs in any parts, materials or products not supplied by Epson;
- Any fault or damage caused by using non Genuine ink/fluid cartridges for the Product, or any ink delivery system other than the Genuine ink delivery system built into the Product;
- Any fault or damage due to the quality of media used, including (but without limitation);
- damage to the Product's print head caused by media imperfections such as variations in thickness;
- improper storage of media before use in the Product; or
- improper installation or setting of media in the Product.
- Any fault or damage caused by third-party software, applications, parts, components or peripheral devices not provided by or approved for use by Epson Australia with the Product;
- Any fault or damage due to using filters, solvents, or other supplies not recommended in the Specifications;
- Any fault or damage caused by neglecting or improperly performing user level maintenance as prescribed in the User Manual;
- Any fault or damage caused by misuse, abuse, improper installation, neglect, fire, flood, lightning, electrical surges or incorrect currents, disasters or acts of God;
- Any colour change or fading of printed output;
- Any fault or damage caused by the use of non-recommended materials, tools, liquids or fluids when performing user maintenance;
- Any fault or damage from your failure to procure, install, or have maintenance performed on Product or items not covered by this Warranty and on all non-Epson communications media and peripherals including without limitation transmission lines, networks, telephone, and telegraph equipment for the remote transmission of data;
- Any fault or damage arising from operator error;
- Any operator supplies or accessories, paint, or refinishing of the Equipment;
- Any electrical or mechanical work not related to Product maintenance, or any, installation, removal of accessories, attachments, or other devices not supplied by Epson Australia;
- Any alteration to the configuration of the Product not authorised by Epson Australia or a Stockist.
- A Product's malfunction or failure to perform to Specifications results from:
- deliberate or accidental damage including damage in transit, by insects/pests, through liquid spillage, or through any other improper use or mishandling by the End User; or
- any form of computer virus; or
- any parts require repair or replacement as a result of normal wear and tear, corrosion or stain.
Epson Australia advises that if you use non-genuine Consumables, software, Parts, Consumable Parts or accessories, you may cause damage to your Product that may invalidate this Warranty and you may incur the current cost of Parts, travel and labour for a Service Agent to repair or attempt to repair such damage.
Details of the company giving this Express Warranty
Epson Australia Pty Ltd
3 Talavera Road, North Ryde, NSW 2113.
Phone 02 8899 3666
Epson Australia Customer Service: 1300-131-928
Technical Downloads: http://tech.epson.com.au/
Hours of Operation
Monday through Friday from 8.30am to 6.00pm (AEST), excluding Public Holidays. Epson may change this period without notice. Upon request and Epson's prior approval, Epson will provide service outside its normal hours of operation at Epson's then-current field service rates.
Standard Service Response Rate
Epson Australia will use its best efforts to return your telephone request for warranty service within one (1) business hour of your call, and to provide on-site service within eight (8) business hours of the time that Epson has determined the service is necessary. These times are targets and not firm guarantees.
On-Site Service Coverage
Epson Australia Pty Limited will perform Onsite Express Warranty repair work within an 80kilometre radius from its nearest service centre, in the following areas; Sydney, NSW Central Coast, Newcastle, Wollongong, Canberra, Melbourne, Hobart, Launceston, Brisbane, Adelaide and Perth.
Epson Australia is continually focused on improving it's geographical service coverage, so please do not hesitate to contact our customer service centre for newly appointed service centres beyond these areas.