- All Products
- Printers for Home
- Printers for Business
- Printers for Creative Pros
- Paper & Media
- Interactive Business Projectors
- Home Theatre Projectors
- Disc Publishing
- Receipt Printers
- On-Demand Labelling
- Photography & Fine Art
- Posters & Graphics
- Proofing & Packaging
- Computer to Plate
- Technical & CAD
- Signage & Decor
- Fabric & Merchandise
- Commercial Printers
- Industrial Printers
- Epson CoverPlus
- Clearance Centre
- Product Videos
Large Format Signage Printer Warranty
Australian Consumer Law Prescribed
Our Products come with guarantees that cannot be excluded under the Australian Consumer Law (“ACL”). You are entitled to a replacement or refund for a major failure and for compensation for any other reasonably foreseeable loss or damage. You are also entitled to have the Products repaired or replaced if they fail to be of acceptable quality and the failure does not amount to a major failure.
This Express Warranty is in addition to other rights or remedies that You may have under the ACL in relation to your product.
In this warranty:
- "ACL" means the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 and Regulations.
- "Consumables" include (without limitation) ink cartridges, cleaning cartridges, ink cleaner, waste ink bottles, recyling tanks, flushing pads, air filters, Fabric Wiper unit, centre roll mount, cleaning wipes, head wipers, cleaning sticks, pump cap assembly, paper feed rollers, and any items included in Epson Maintenance kits.
- "End User" means the first purchaser of a Product from a Stockist.
- "Epson Australia" means Epson Australia Pty Ltd ABN 91 002 625 783.
- "Genuine" means manufactured by or for a member of the Seiko-Epson group of companies.
- "Installation Date" means the date of installation of a Product at the premises of an End User by a Service Agent.
- "Life Expectancy" means the estimated proper period of normal operation of a Part.
- "Onsite" means at your business premises in Australia.
- "Part" means a component of a Product.
- "Factory Second" means a Product expressly sold by Epson Australia as a second (refurbished unit damaged in transit, returned and repaired or ex demo).
- "Product" means a Genuine Large Format Solvent Printer supplied
new by Epson Australia, being one of the following models:-
- Epson Stylus Pro GS6000
- Epson SureColor SC-S30600
- Epson SureColor SC-S40600
- Epson SureColor SC-S50600
- Epson SureColor SC-S60600
- Epson SureColor SC-S70600
- Epson SureColor SC-S80600
- "Proof of Purchase" means a legible copy of your purchase receipt or invoice for the Product.
- "Marketing Initiative" includes any competition or promotion initiated by Epson Australia relating to a Product.
- "Purchase Date" means the date of a Product’s first purchase from a Stockist.
- "Service Agent" means a person or company authorized by Epson Australia to repair a Product.
- “Standard Express Warranty” means the Product warranty described below
- "Stockist" means an authorized Epson PRO Graphics signage & décor dealer as listed on www.epson.com.au/prographics/wheretobuy
- "Warranty" means the Standard Express Warranty and Epson Preferred Warranty where applicable.
- "You" means the End User and "your" has a corresponding meaning.
Express Warranty Terms
Epson Australia offers an Onsite Express Warranty on your Product subject to the following conditions.
Epson Australia warrants that your Product will be free from any defect in materials or workmanship for one (1) year (or, in case of a Factory Second, for six (6) months unless otherwise stated by Epson) after your Purchase Date.
At its discretion, Epson Australia will either repair or replace your Product, if it is found on inspection by Epson or a Service Agent to have any such defect within the relevant Express Warranty period.
A Stockist who sells a Product to you has no authority from Epson Australia to give you any additional Express Warranty or guarantee in relation to your Product or to make any statement (other than what is contained in the Specifications) about:
- a Product's performance or fitness for any specific purpose; or
- the currency or application of any Marketing Initiative.
Epson Australia will not be liable for any consequential loss or damage claimed to arise from your use of the Product. In particular (but without limitation) Epson Australia will not be liable for actual or expected revenue loss or for any corruption or loss of data claimed to arise from your use of the Product.
This warranty includes all Parts (excluding consumables and Parts that have reached or exceeded their life expectancy as noted below and labour.
At its discretion, Epson Australia will either repair or replace a Product (with a Product to substantially the same or superior specifications) if it is found, on inspection by Epson or a Service Agent, to have any defect as outlined above. In the event that Epson chooses to replace a Product, only the unexpired balance of the Warranty for the replaced Product will carry over to the replacement Product.
All warranty claims must be approved by Epson before any warranty service work is performed. No such warranty service work can be performed except by a Service Agent.
Repair work under the Standard Express Warranty will be carried out free of charge.
Express Warranty Claim Procedure
If you wish to make a claim under this Express Warranty, you must do the following:
- First call the Stockist from which you purchased your Product to identify and rectify (if possible) any fault.
- If the fault cannot be identified and rectified as above, you should call Epson Australia on 1300 361 054 for the location of your nearest Service Agent and then provide that Service Agent with satisfactory proof of your Purchase Date, to show that this Express Warranty applies to your Product at the date of your claim
- If your Product is located within an 80-kilometre radius of a Service Agent you will be entitled to receive Onsite Express Warranty service.
- If your Product is located outside this radius, you must, either bear the cost and risk of having your Product delivered to and returned from a Service Agent for Express Warranty service, or pay the Service Agent’s reasonable travel and accommodation costs to provide you with Onsite Express Warranty service
- If a Service Agent provides Onsite Express Warranty service but finds that any fault is not directly related to a breach of this Express Warranty, you must pay its current service fee and its reasonable travel and accommodation costs on a return basis (if applicable) to provide you with Onsite Express Warranty service.
Express Warranty Application
This Warranty applies only:
- To a Product sold to You by Epson Australia or by a Stockist;
- If You use the Product for your private or business purposes; and
- You have not bought the Product for resale.
Express Warranty Exclusions
This Warranty will not apply if any of the following events occurs during the warranty period:
- A Product’s serial number or any rating label is removed or changed in any way;
- A Product is serviced, repaired or modified other than by a Service Agent;
- You have installed or used a Product contrary to the technical or operating guidelines recommended in the Epson Australia user guide or manual;
- A component Part of your product has reached or exceeded its Life Expectancy;
- A Product's malfunction or failure to perform to Epson Australia’s specifications results from:
- deliberate or accidental damage;
- lack of cleaning or maintenance (as outlined in the user manual, as advised by the printer, and by Epson Australia from time to time);
- neglect or modification; or
- the use of incorrect voltage or a power surge; or
- any form of computer virus; or
- use of non-Genuine Consumables, replacement parts, options or accessories; or
- any parts require repair or replacement as a result of normal wear and tear, corrosion or stain.
If you use non-Genuine Consumables, replacement parts, options or accessories in or with your Product during the relevant Express Warranty period, you may damage the Product and may consequently invalidate this Express Warranty and you may incur the cost of return travel, labour and parts for a Service Agent to repair or attempt to repair such damage.
Details of the company giving this warranty
Epson Australia Pty Ltd
3 Talavera Road, North Ryde, NSW 2113.
Phone 02 8899 3666
Epson Australia Customer Service: 1300-131-928
Technical Downloads: http://tech.epson.com.au/
Hours of Operation
Monday through Friday from 8.30am to 6.00pm (AEST), excluding Public Holidays
On-Site Service Coverage
Epson Australia Pty Limited will perform Onsite Express Warranty repair work within an 80–kilometre radius from its nearest service centre, in the following areas; Sydney, NSW Central Coast, Newcastle, Wollongong, Canberra, Melbourne, Hobart, Launceston, Brisbane, Adelaide and Perth.
Standard Service Response Rate
Epson Australia will use its best efforts to achieve an eight (8) working hour response time, being either by phone or on-site visit, on normal business days for warranty repair work.
Life Expectancy of Parts
|Print Head||As indicated by the printer on the control panel|
|Carriage Return Motor||
460 million passes (SureColor SC-30600, SureColor SC-50600,